Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dreams and plans

A song by Passion worship has a line that has stayed with me for a bit now. 
Here at your feet my desires and dreams, I lay down... read that again. Here at your feet my desires and dreams, I lay down.

We often talk about giving our struggles to Jesus. Letting him have control. To be honest it's not that hard to give Jesus my struggles. I  don't really want them. Giving it to God doesn't really seem that hard. Yes, please take my struggles.
 

What about the opposite of that though? What about when you realize God is asking for your desires and your dreams? Your hopes for the future? Uh... I don't want to give those up! 

Throughout this moving process that has been the second hardest thing for me. The first being leaving family and friends. I had dreams for how my kids would grow up. They were going to the same school I went to growing up. My son was finally able to compete for the school and run the same courses I ran. He was going to be on the wrestling team his Grandpa and Uncle coached for years. I would get to be his cross country coach someday. My brother would be his principal. I had always pictured all 3 kids growing up with their friends (some since birth). The fun times we would all get to experience as they grew up. Graduating high school with these friends. It sounds dumb but I had really pictured graduation day for all 3 kids and the times we would share with those around us along the way. 

But then God said "this is not what I have for you". But God this is what I want! It's such a great life that I have planned for my kids. They have an amazing school. I can be a big part of their lives and coach them someday. I love my job so much. It was the first time I felt really settled at work. I worked hours that worked for the family. I saw this job working for us until Kannika graduated. Extra income but still being present for my kids... I mean it was pretty much perfect. Yet still I heard "that is not My plan". The hardest thing to do is give God my dreams and plans. He doesn't just want our struggles. He wants EVERYTHING... big heavy sigh here.

Mark 10:28 says "Peter began to say to Him. Behold, we have left everything and followed You." 

This is where we are in our season of life. We are just obeying. I don't have new dreams or plans yet. In all honesty, I am still working on letting go of the old dreams and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment