Thursday, July 11, 2019

So many changes

     When I started this blog it was about our adoption. Then Kannika came home and I decided to keep it up to update as needed. That has not been very often. As Kannika has gotten older the adoption struggles have changed and they are more private and not to be shared since they are her story now.
     HOWEVER I changed the name of this blog a while ago to Nelson Family Journey. If our adoption journey taught me anything it's that God will come through when it's His plan. He will come through right on time every time. It will work according to His plan. My plan may seem easier but His plan comes with lessons and opportunities my plan never even considered. Adopting Kannika was a time in my life when I could control pretty much nothing and I had to rely on so many other people to do their jobs. People in other states and other countries. I couldn't just drive there and strongly suggest they speed up. I spent so many moments in tears begging God to bring us our girl. God was AMAZING! I have a little girl who reminds me of that every time I look at her and reflect on our journey across the world to get her.
     Back to present circumstances, every December I pick a verse to focus on the next year. This last December the verse God kept bringing to my mind was Proverbs 31:25 "Strength and Dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." Truthfully, I did NOT want to pick this verse. I did not want to laugh at the time to come. Some translations use the words "she does not fear the future". If you've trusted God long you know those words usually mean there will be a reason to fear the future. I tried to pick other verses but God kept saying no, this verse is the one I want you to focus on. So I made a graphic and saved it in my phone. I prayed for God to give me the strength to not fear whatever was coming.
     Now I have a new journey to blog about... we are making a huge move! We are moving from Alaska to Florida. In case you weren't great at geography it's about as far as you can move and still be on the North American Continent. I see this blog as an opportunity to update/chronicle our transition without having to repeat myself 100 times (well probably not but this might help a little).
     The reasons for the move are just to many to list here. In short about 6 months ago it became very obvious to us that God was asking us to move. We didn't know why or where. We had no idea what it was going to look like we just knew we needed to pray. We spent the next few months praying and seeking God's plan. After much prayer and research we believed  we had found where God was leading us. God led us to this wonderful church in Oviedo, Florida. If you aren't sure where that is it's okay neither was I! It's outside of Orlando. :) We are so humbled that God chose Darryl to lead the youth of CrossLife Church to Jesus. God is so good to put Darryl back where he longs to be... serving God and bringing teens to Jesus.
     The events that led us to CrossLife were so crazy that really there is no other explanation for how we got there but to say... God did it. Every time we prayed, I prayed God would close all doors we weren't supposed to walk through. He did just that at every step. The hardest part was definitely admitting and accepting that God closed the door to staying home. Home... where we were comfortable and happy. Where our kids were settled and we were close to family. Nothing about change is comfortable for me but God put a peace in my heart that has been completely unexplainable. Back to that verse God wanted me to memorize. For some people this would be nothing to worry about. For me it's huge. I grew up in Alaska more specifically in the church we are serving in. I grew up in the school my children attended. I love my family and I love Alaska. However, knowing God cared enough about my fears and my heart to prepare me for what was coming before it actually got here has me in tears more often than I would like to admit (I'm not a cryer).
     Now I am working on selling our house. Darryl is working on buying us a new house. My parents and I are driving across the country with 3 kids and 2 dogs. There are so many moving parts to this journey that if I really stop to think about all of them I get a little panicky. So I don't do that. I look at the next task and I do that task. I pray a lot... change is always good for that. :)

4 comments:

  1. Amanda thanks so much for sharing this! I was wondering why in the world ya'll would be leaving Alaska. But you all have so many blessings ahead of you! It'll be hard at first being away from family but he will meet all your hearts needs in this as he did me. Keep us all posted in this wonderful journey! Love ya'll! Susie Dove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! we are trying our best to follow the Lord's leading

      Delete
  2. I am praying for you guys. I often ask myself why God uses his children as examples for others to follow. I am experiencing something similar as I navigate through a time of uncertainty. I also have to refer back to my verse that the Lord gave to me; Proverbs 3:5-6. It’s hard when you are in the “moment”, but prayer does amazing things if you believe and trust the Lord our Father. You have a whole bunch of people in your corner and I am glad I have had you guys in ours, if only for awhile(smile).

    ReplyDelete