Saturday, August 31, 2013

A whole family... Finally

  We have been home a few days now but I've been so tired and busy catching up after being gone for 2 weeks I just haven't had time to blog. It has been going so well!  The kids are getting a long well. Kannika loves both of her siblings. She idolizes Gavin and does everything he does. It's pretty cute. She likes to play with Makayla and they are already fighting over toys. :) I love it though because I feel like it makes them more real as siblings. They fight but they hug a lot too. I love watching them all play together. I love all the smiles they share.
  Kannika is sleeping well now. The first 2 nights were rough because she is adjusting to our time zone here in AK. She has lived her life 15 hours ahead of where we are now. I finally gave her some melatonin at bedtime last night and she slept great. She slept for 13 hours actually without waking up at all! I had been giving her the melatonin after she woke up the first time at night but that meant she was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night and sleeping really late into the morning. It just wasn't working so this is going to help her get back to her normal schedule much easier. She is actually napping for the first time today also. She is learning English rather quickly. She can say "mom", "dad", "daisy (Dai)" and will imitate anything her brother and sister tell her to say. She understands almost everything we say now. She can follow directions and listens when we redirect her away from toys she can't play with to toys she can play with. We took her to the state fair yesterday and she did well. She loved the petting zoo. She fed the miniature pony and the goats. She spent a lot of time standing by the pony and petting it. At one point she even hugged it and gave it a kiss.
  The transition has been going so well that today I started to feel nervous. Sort of like it can't be this easy when is it going to change type of thing. BUT I immediately felt God showing me my lack of faith. YES he was saying it can be this easy because we have prayed and lots of other are people are praying for this little girl. There will be hard moments but God has got this and I just need to relax. I prayed and apologized for my lack of faith and thanked God for his blessings. We are so thankful for the many people -family and friends- who have been praying for us through this process. God is AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to read all of your posts from Thailand and now that you're all home. Glad it's going so well! Definitely a faster transition for a 2 yr. old than a 13 year old. But, God knows which children were each meant to be a part of our families. So glad that yours is whole, now!

    ReplyDelete