Tuesday, August 27, 2013

1 week together

  Today it has been one week since we we given full time custody of our little girl. We spent the day hanging out at the hotel. She's been doing a little better with being at the hotel so we decided to try the pool this morning. She did alright with it. She had moments where she loved it. She loved splashing Darryl and having him splash her when she was standing near the edge. She liked to be in the water with Darryl holding her but not for long. She had her random crying fits today but not as many so she must be adjusting a little better. I was glad to finally get to be at the pool. We have a very nice pool at our hotel and she was screaming when we went near it earlier. Then we had lunch at the Moon House. It was definitely good food for a great price. Each meal was about 1 dollar. It wasn't as good as The Mali but still good and a little cheaper. It was about half the price. But even at half the price it's not that big of a difference instead of 7 dollars for the 3 of us it was 3 dollars for the 3 of us. The portions were smaller at the Moon House so we didn't leftovers for an extra meal either. After nap we played with  Kannika in the hotel room for the rest of the night. She cried off and on but did generally pretty good. She has become very attached to me. She follows me everywhere now. I took a shower and she stood outside the bathroom waiting. She did not like it when I went to run and I think she was a little angry at me when I came back. She is making progress everyday. She's a very tough little girl. 
  We have been figuring out that she is a very observant little girl. She is very concentrated and watchful. She was watching me mess with my contacts this morning and tonight when I went to put the contact stuff away she started touching her eyes. She picked up what that was for very quickly. She is so smart. I think her response to stress is to sleep. I'm not sure but I think that is why she is sleeping so well. It's just easier to sleep I guess and hope that she wakes up back at home with her foster family.
  We are so thankful for the blessing God has given us with this little girl. I was putting her to bed tonight just thanking God for the family he knit together. He has given us more than we could ever deserve.

1 comment:

  1. Even though our daughter was thirteen when we adopted her, I see a lot of similarities. She, too, was very observant and could really focus on something until she'd figure it out, like the electronic translator/dictionary we brought along. She also grew very attached to me and would be right by the bathroom door, waiting for me to come out. She, however, did NOT enjoy being at the zoo. She says she doesn't even remember much from that day, now.

    ReplyDelete